Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

RVP Believes Januzaj Is Best Young Player In The EPL


Robin van Persie has lauded Manchester United team-mate Adnan Januzaj as one of the best young players he has ever seen.
Januzaj has burst on to the scene this season, and having made his Premier League debut against Crystal Palace, bagged a stunning brace against Sunderland last month.
Van Persie himself was tipped for stardom when he signed for Arsenal back in 2004 after coming through the ranks at Feyenoord, but says his young Manchester United team-mate has the most potential of any young player he’s seen.
"Over the years I've seen so many young players, and I can honestly say that of all the young players I've seen he is right up there in the top one or two,” he told Manchester United's official website.
"When I go back 10 years to when I was quite young, I see similar attributes.
"He’s confident in a good way. He’s not too bothered with the whole occasion or the pressure of the games."
"I was very confident as well and I see some stuff in him and the choices he makes that I made when I was younger as well. But he’s not the new van Persie, he’s the new Adnan.
"He’s a great player and I’m a great fan of his. I thought earlier in pre-season that he has something special.
"He will give Manchester United a great bunch of goals and great games. He’s a special player.”
Manchester United resume their quest to defend their Premier League crown after the international break next weekend with a trip to Cardiff City.
They will be without key midfielder Michael Carrick, who has been ruled out for up to six weeks with an Achilles injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment