Pages

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Ashley Honours Lampard



Ashley-Cole and Frank-Lampard

Ashley Cole has paid tribute to Frank Lampard as the midfielder prepares to join the exclusive group of England centurions.
Cole is already among a group of seven players to have earned 100 England caps, and national team manager Roy Hodgson confirmed on Monday that Lampard would join that list against Ukraine tonight.
'He's amazing,' Cole said of his club and international team-mate. 'I could see what he did in the Premier League when I played against him, and the minute I joined Chelsea to play with him and see how hard he trains, how many goals he scores from midfield, how many assists he gets, he's worked very hard over the year s and to score 20 goals nearly every season he's been playing is unbelievable. He's one of the best midfielders England as had and one of the best the world has seen.
'I don't think he needs me to give him any advice so it'll probably be a pat on the back and just congratulate him,' said Cole.
'It's a great achievement, I think he was very nice with the comments he made about me when I did it and the same when Stevie G did it.
'I think if there's another player that does deserve it, it's him. He's never injured, he always turns up and wants to represent his country. He's looking forward to this day.
'So I'm very happy for him and hopefully we can get a good result for him as well. My game was a bit easier because it was a friendly, he's going into a big game with 100 caps on his mind but it's a great achievement and hopefully we can get a good result for him as well.'
Other England centurions are Peter Shilton, David Beckham, Billy Wright, Bobby Moore, Bobby Charlton and Steven Gerrard.
England meet Ukraine in Kiev this evening, with a win guaranteed to keep them top of their World Cup qualifying group. You can read a full international round-up here on the official Chelsea website this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment