Pages

Sunday 8 September 2013

Mourihno Influenced My Coming To Stamford Bridge - Willian

Willian was signed in a last-minute steal by Chelsea. (©GettyImages)

New Chelsea arrival Willian has cited Jose Mourinho as the reason he opted for the Blues over Tottenham Hotspur, according to the Express.
Reports had all but confirmed the Brazilian had moved to White Hart Lane, but Mourinho hijacked negotiations at the last minute and signed the Anzhi playmaker for £30million.
William has since admitted that it was the Special One who swayed his decision, and ultimately the reason he chose to sign for Europa League champions.
"Chelsea made an offer two months ago but I was not allowed to leave [Anzhi Makhachkala]," Willian said.
"I kept following the club and I used to go to London to follow Chelsea whenever I had free time and now my dream has come true."
"I will work with Mourinho who is the best manager and I will grow a lot with him.
"Other clubs were interested, but my intention and dream of playing for Chelsea made the difference. The opportunity to play with Mourinho, the best manager in the world, also made a lot of difference," confirmed the 25-year-old.
Willian's arrival sparked mass debate in London, as Tottenham reacted less than kindly to having a transfer target snatched from under their noses.
It has also further added to Mourinho's wealth of attacking-midfield options, with the Blues' squad now bursting at the seems with creative flair and talent after a number of summer imports.

No comments:

Post a Comment