Pages

Friday 6 September 2013

Thiago Silva Shares Frustration Over Broken Barca Dream

Thiago Silva shares frustration over broken Barca dream

The Brazil international was in talks with the Catalans over a possible move to Camp Nou this summer but ultimately stayed in the French capital, and the 28-year-old has hinted at his frustration over the way talks developed.

Thiago Silva told reporters on Friday: "Certain things happened that, unfortunately, made me decide not to continue the conversation [regarding a Barca move].

"It was bad for me and for my family. It was my dream to wear the Barcelona shirt one day, but it didn’t happen.

"From the moment it was decided I’d be staying at PSG, I put on my shirt and I’m really happy to help the team."

The ex-AC Milan centre-back also criticised his former suitors over their treatment of Eric Abidal, who they released this summer following his full recovery from illness.

"For me, certain things I was asking were not being heard," Thiago Silva added. "I saw Abidal’s situation and I didn’t like it. They weren’t correct with him, they didn’t keep their word.

"In my case, it was just over sporting negotiations. But, in Abidal’s case - who’s a great person - they did nothing to help."

No comments:

Post a Comment