Pages

Monday 16 September 2013

Man United Is History - CR7

Ronaldo signed a new five year deal. (©GettyImages)

Cristiano Ronaldo today signed a new contract with Real Madrid - and put paid to rumours of a return to Old Trafford by saying Manchester United were in "the past".
The Portuguese superstar was reportedly a summer target for the Red Devils but has now committed his future to Real Madrid by putting pen to paper on a new contract that will reportedly see him earn €17 million until 2018.
While it was always unlikely Manchester United were going to land their former player this summer despite a tumultuous 2012/13 campaign at the Bernabeu, it was reported that Ronaldo had told his former side that he wants to rejoin when his time in Spain is at an end.
Old Trafford seemed far from his mind as he arrived at the Bernabeu with Real Madrid president Florentino Perez to sign his new deal.
"Manchester United is the past," he said. "This is my club, I am happy here. My goal was to play here maybe till the end of my career."
Spanish football expert Guillem Balague tweeted updates from the contract signing, and quoted Ronaldo as saying: "The agreement took place at the end of last season. I then gave my word to Real and chairman to me."
"I am staying here for the fans in what it could be the rest of my career."
Ronaldo, whose goal record at Madrid stands at 203 goals in as many games, scored in his side's 2-2 draw with Villarreal last night

No comments:

Post a Comment