Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

I Hate To Be Benched - Yobo

I hate to be benched - Yobo

Out-of-favour Super Eagles Captain, Joseph Yobo, has sent out a message to Coach Stephen Keshi, saying he hates to sit on the bench. He was speaking while fielding questions on a Silverbird Television programme, Sports Café, from his Turkey base yesterday morning.

Yobo, whose future in the Super Eagles had remained uncertain as he had continued to be left out of Keshi’s squad since Nigeria’s triumph at the last Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa early this year made the , while commenting on his future at Fenerberche amidst rumours linking him to English side, Cardiff.

“I don’t know anything about the speculations linking me to Cardiff. I still have a two-year contract running with Fenerberche and I’m happy with the prospects of playing in the Champions League once again,” he said.

The Super Eagles’ skipper, however, did not rule out a possible move, especially if Fenerberche is eventually thrown out of the Champions League over allegations of match-fixing, the implication of which would see the club off-loading most of its foreign players.

“If the Champions League dream fails, I could consider a move back to the English Premier League if the terms are right. I have to consider a lot of other things before I move either back to Everton or any other club.

I have to think about my family for instance. “Most importantly, I hate to sit on the bench, especially not at this stage of my career. I’m a fighter, I like to compete and I’m ready to fight for the first team shirt anywhere I play,” Yobo declared.

The former Everton of England captain had been left out of Coach Stephen Keshi’s squad since after the Nations cup in early this year, with the debate on his future in the national team making the headlines in the sporting press lately.



No comments:

Post a Comment