Pages

Friday 9 August 2013

Efe Happy With Celtic

The Nigeria international has played a big part in the Bhoys' run towards securing a place in the lucrative group stage of the UCL
Efe Ambrose has expressed happiness over Celtic’s qualification to the next round of the UEFA Champions League play-off series after beating Elfsborg
Ambrose said that he has always put in hard work, dedication and devotion to duty while playing for club and country and always happy when the results come in.
“As regards my performance for my team, I thank God for what He has done for me. I have always been lucky and injury free and he gave me good health too. I am a professional so my duty is to always put in my best to help my club and country,” Ambrose said.
“I am happy we are through to the next stage of the UEFA Champions League play off. It was very tough playing against Elfsborg home and away but I am happy we sailed through. It was harder playing away to Elfsborg in Boras.”
Celtic endured a nervous 90 minutes in Boras, Sweden on Wednesday to complete an aggregate win against Elfsborg and progress to the Champions League play-off round. Celtic had won the first leg 1-0 at home and Kris Commons’ first leg goal proved to be enough to send Celtic through.
The Scottish champions’ slender 1-0 advantage from last week’s match in Glasgow proved to be enough as they took the next step on their long journey to reach the lucrative group stage of Europe’s elite club competition.
Ambrose also dispelled rumours going round that he is being wooed by clubs in England.
“It was all speculations. I don’t know anything about the transfer rumour. I have not gotten any contract in England and I don’t know anything about these England rumours. They are all speculations. My fans will know any time there is a deal,” he assured.

No comments:

Post a Comment