Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

I Am Ready For New Season - Kalu Uche

I can't wait to start scoring, Uche Kalu says he is ready for new season in Turkey

The former Enyimba striker has revealed that he cannot wait for the new season to start after injury stopped him in his debut season for Caykur Rizespor.
Caykur Rizespor striker, Uche Kalu says that he is ready to give his best in the new season which starts next week.

Kalu noted that he has fully recovered from the injury that stopped him from completing last season for the second division club.

He scored nine goals for the team while on loan from Enyimba and opted out of the Super Eagles training in Portugal for the Africa Cup of Nations because of the ankle injury.

“Rizespor have fully cleared me from Enyimba and I am ready to start playing again. I have missed football," Kalu said.

“I want to do my best this season. This should be my first full season as a player of the club. I don’t have any injury worries and we just returned from Germany where we went on a playing tour.

“The old coach, Riza Calimbay has left and every player wants to impress the new man in charge, Mustafa Denizli. Apart from impressing the new handler, we also want to round up preparations for the new season on a good note so that we will have a good season.

“I am sure we are going to cause some upsets this season. I want to be able to improve on my goal scoring record after injury did not allow me score more than nine last season,” Kalu said



No comments:

Post a Comment