Pages

Monday 29 July 2013

Alvaro Negredo: Premier League Suits Me

Manchester City's latest signing Alvaro Negredo is confident that he will fit into the English style of play when the season starts in August.
Unlike many Spanish players, whose style of play revolves around technical ability, Negredo earned himself the nickname 'The Beast' whilst playing in Spain. However, he believes that there is more skill to his game than his nickname suggests, although he does recognise the importance of a balance between both strength and subtlety.
"It makes me laugh when they call me the Beast," Negredo told Sky Sports. "But, yes, I think I am a strong player, who can fight and be physical.
"I think I have some qualities that will suit the Premier League. I think my style suits the game in England, but I also like to believe that I have good technical ability as well.
"It was my team-mates who first started calling me the Beast of Vallecas. But it became so popular that the media in Spain also started to use the nickname as well.
"I think I can be both the physical and technical. There are some matches where the physical approach is important and other games where you can show off your skill.
Negredo is part of a new look Manchester City side, overseen by manager Manuel Pellegrini. And he believes that they will play an open, expansive brand of attacking football, something that was possibly lacking during the reign of previous manager, Roberto Mancini.
"Whether he was at Villarreal, Real Madrid or Malaga, his teams always played dynamic, attacking football, with style, and I am sure that is why Manchester City wanted him," he added.
With the likes of Stevan Jovetic, Fernandinho and Jesus Navas added to an already impressive outfit, Negredo believes Pellegrini has the attacking flair in the squad to get results, and entertain.
He continued: "I am also sure it will be even better at City because of the quality of players he now has to work with. The squad is so talented here that there is only one option - to attack."

No comments:

Post a Comment