Pages

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Arsenal To Ship Out Aneke

Nigerian-born Arsenal midfielder, Chuks Aneke may not play a competitive game for the Gunners in the 2013/14 season as the club look to loan him to a side where he is likely to get regular playing time.
Aneke spent two seasons with League One (English third tier) club, Crewe Alexandra last season, and they have been in talks to get him back.
The midfielder scored eight goals in 38 appearances during two productive loan spells at the League One outfit last campaign.
Now Crewe boss, Steve Davis has told the BBC that he is keen to bring the 20-year-old back to the Alexandra stadium.
"I've had dialogue with Chuks, he's been in Asia. So we'll just check out that position there," David told BBC Radio Stoke.

"He did terrific for us last season. I think initially people didn't see his quality, but over time he came to fruition and his fitness was much better.
"The quality, creativity and goalscoring ability he's got was apparent to everybody. He's the creative player that (former captain Luke) Murphy was and we could do with that type."
Aneke, who has been likened to the Manchester City midfielder, Yaya Toure by Arsene Wenger is seemingly favourably disposed to the move to Crewe.
The starlet, who has represented England at under-19 level, said he has been trying to win the trust of Wenger but would not hesitate to move to Crewe if it would guarantee him having more minutes under his belt.
"I just want to impress the boss and try and get an opportunity. If that's not achievable then I want to play some games. I played a lot of games when I was at Crewe last season,” he was quoted saying by authoritative British newspaper, Mirror.
"Arsenal is a very fantastic team and if it is not possible to break into the team then maybe I can go on loan somewhere. I was on loan last season so I didn't train with the Arsenal first-team until pretty much the end of it.
"I'm looking forward to training with the first-team again. I've done that quite a bit already. It's nice to come out of London to see the other the side of the world. I've not had much opportunity to come to places like this.
"My main objective as a young player is to play games and impress the manager. I want to come over here and show the boss what I can do and hopefully get some game time," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment